Monday 17 March 2014

GlamST Website Review

I was given the opportunity to review the just launched GlamST (www.glamst.com) website by Brandbacker. GlamST is a virtual makeover site created by two telematics engineers from Uruguay. The software was originally used by L'Oreal in their country.

I started on GlamST by creating an account, which is linked to either my Facebook or Google account. Once I was set up, I was asked my hair colour, skin type, eye colour, and complexion. The program gave me sample photos to use based on my choices or I had the option to upload my own photo, which I did. The software automatically finds your eyes, lips, and face outlines and you refine the selections (I only needed to do a bit of fixing). One thing to mention though is to try and have good light in your photo. The lighting in mine made my skin look warm even though it's cool. It made it a little wonky when trying on foundation.




They give you a wide selection of makeup brands to try out, including really luxe ones like Givenchy and Dior. Of course those were the ones I HAD to try, since I can't afford them in real life. A cool feature is that as you use them, it gives you the option of purchasing them through Sephora.

Here is my before and after:



I really love this software. I've used virtual makeover sites before, but this one is the most realistic. The makeup doesn't look painted on, and you can see subtle differences in the mascaras, lipsticks, etc. I would definitely use this again, especially when looking to purchase makeup (and I do love Sephora!)



No comments:

Post a Comment